Home

Saturday, January 1

New Year Detox, anyone?


Welcome to 2011!

I'm not much for resolutions. In fact, I didn't even stay up last night to see the ball drop on tv. My celebration included a little champagne with my mac 'n cheese and steak for dinner, getting the crazy girls to bed before 8pm, and watching House until I couldn't keep my eyes open.

Resolutions seem like half-hearted goals, so what about actual goals?

Now that I'm a mom of 5 (with 3 girls under the age of 6), and I'm working full time and in school, my goals for the past 2 two years have really just been to push through - to do whatever it takes to keep going. We're talking caffiene/coffee/soda, vending machine snacks, fast food lunch, skipping meals, and cup 'o noodle dinners (or no dinner). I feel exhausted most of the time, hungry a lot of the time, and although my weight is fairly normal, it's mostly fat.

So, what to do? I'm doing well in school, doing well at my job, and trying to do well as a mom (though they try my patience like nothing else in my life). If I can handle all of this, why not push ahead and add a strict "intake regimen" to jumpstart a little weight loss. Once I see some results, I'm banking on it being easier to get myself to the gym and to keep making healthy eating choices...maybe I'll even feel better.

So here's the plan: I'm starting with a 10-Day Intense Detox, returning through a 7-Day Cabbage Soup Diet. Ha! Sounds fun, right? I think success really just depends on your level of MENTAL preparation and discipline... and I'm giving myself permission to make "alterations" to the plan as needed, for safety, function, and health.

Today is Day 1, and I'll be updating as I go. I've mixed up my first gallon of spring water/organic lemon juice/Grade B organic maple syrup/cayenne pepper, and I've already had it for breakfast and lunch today. My herbal teas are on the counter, ready to go. More details to come!

http://themastercleanse.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment