Home

Sunday, January 2

Detox Day 2

Good morning. It's my Day 2 of the Detox, and I'm going through some major withdrawls, and swimming in toxins. At least that's what it feels like.

Yesterday, it occurred to me just how important it is to go into a fast with preparation - I had eaten normally the day before, so my stomach was still in "eating mode." I added a few foods during the day, just to ease in, and it seemed to work - one slice of quesadilla at lunch and 2 slices for dinner, with the tons and tons of herbal teas and lemonade mixtures. I'm also drinking a green drink every so often to get a few calories.

The benefits of a safe cleanse are great, and worth the effort right now. I've been so used to calming my stresses with food and drink, but stretching myself academically. To stay on track, I need to think of this as a challenge to change that...

No comments:

Post a Comment